flag image

Radon: A solvable danger

Locals offer tips on radon remediation

January 16, 2012
SOUTHBRIDGE — Radon has developed the status of boogeyman.

It's a natural, radioactive gas that exists virtually everywhere, but can be dangerous if people inhale it in high enough concentrations over a period of time.

"Most of the time in our area, we do have some radon," said Board of Health member Dean Cook, a chemist by training. "But it hasn't been a real problem until people started super-insulating their homes."

For more on this story, please see tomorrow's Southbridge Evening News.

Stonebridge Press
inclusion image
inclusion image
Thanks for visiting Stonebridge Press and Villager Newspapers