flag image

Guzik Motors

Durant to remain on Spencer Board of Selectmen


May 26, 2011
SPENCER — The state's newest state representative, Peter Durant, said earlier this week he would stay on the Spencer Board of Selectmen until he or his colleagues feel he can no longer effectively do the job.

"At this time I will say that my intention is not to become a burden to this board," Durant announced at the May 23 selectmen's meeting. "I certainly want to continue."

"At this time, we're just going to play it by ear and see what happens," he later told Stonebridge Press. "Certainly I don't want to do this job if I can't do it properly. If the board feels that it's not working out, or I feel that I'm not doing the job justice, then I will certainly resign."

The other selectmen — Anthony Pepe, Gary Woodbury, Chairman Donald Berthiaume Jr. and newest member Robert "Bo" Fritze Jr. — indicated they wanted Durant to remain on the board. He has one year left on his term.

Durant said he hopes to speak with other state representatives who are also selectmen, such as fellow rookie Ryan Fattman of Sutton, and see how they deal with holding two positions.

For more on this story, please see tomorrow's Southbridge Evening News.

inclusion image
inclusion image
  • Health 2019
  • Home 2019
  • Meet 2018
Thanks for visiting Stonebridge Press and Villager Newspapers

Guzik Motors