flag image

Smoky fire damages attic


No injuries, wiring eyed as cause



1115fire
shadow
Smoke erupted from 154 Dennison Hill Road Thursday, Nov. 11 after flames broke out in the attic. Joy Richard. (click for larger version)
November 14, 2010
SOUTHBRIDGE — A two-alarm fire erupted at a Dennison Hill Road home Thursday, Nov. 11, but no one was injured.

According to Fire Department Captain Mathieu, flames broke out in the attic of 154 Dennison Hill Road at around 1:52 p.m. While there is no official cause yet, Mathieu gave one clue.

"At this point, it is electrical in nature," he said. "Doesn't look like anything is out of the ordinary."

Firefighters had the flames under control within minutes of receiving the first report, Mathieu said. Engine 3 along with three firefighters responded by breaking ventilation holes in both sides of the home and running hoses through the front door to help extinguish the flames.

Mathieu did not put a dollar figure to the amount of damage, but said water, charring and smoke heavily damaged the attic.

"It's pretty significant damage in the attic," he said.

The home is worth $192,000, according to the town's assessor's database.

For more on this story, please see tomorrow's Southbridge Evening News.

StonebridgeObits
StoneLetters
StoneNews
StoneAds
inclusion image
inclusion image
  • Meet 2019
Thanks for visiting Stonebridge Press and Villager Newspapers