flag image

Guzik Motors

Was he or wasn't he (hired)?


Town says no; Duhani wants video



0927TomaDuhani
shadow
Toma Duhani. (click for larger version)
October 06, 2010
SOUTHBRIDGE — A former candidate for Department of Public Works director is seeking a videotape of a Town Council meeting at which he believes he was hired.

That candidate, Toma Duhani, of Shrewsbury, has refused to specify exactly what his motives are. He has twice, however, ruled out filing a legal complaint.

After reviewing inconsistencies in Duhani's resume, Town Manager Christopher Clark last Thursday decided not to forward Duhani's name for the full Council for confirmation.

Duhani would have replaced former DPW Director Kenneth Kalinowski, who resigned earlier this year to take another job in Pepperell. Interim DPW Director Hamer Clarke has been filling in on a part-time basis. A new, slightly tweaked version of the job advertisement has been posted and applications are due Monday, Oct. 25. Previous candidates are welcome to reapply.

The latest controversy over Duhani stems from a Tuesday, Sept. 21 Council of the Whole meeting. Duhani acknowledged he has verbally asked Southbridge Cable Access Director Paul Zotos for copies of a DVD recording made by a local resident of the Sept. 21 meeting, but would not give an exact reason for wanting the recording.

"Since I was not in the room," Duhani said in reference to his having arrived at the meeting only a few minutes before the vote to recommend him, "I wanted to see what transpired. I just want to view them. I don't live in town so I don't have access to the cable."

For more on this story, please see tomorrow's Southbridge Evening News.

inclusion image
inclusion image
  • Home 2019
  • Health 2019
  • Meet 2019
Thanks for visiting Stonebridge Press and Villager Newspapers

Guzik Motors