flag image

Guzik Motors

Starting over in DPW hire


Clark withdraws Duhani over resume concerns


October 03, 2010
SOUTHBRIDGE — After discovering inconsistencies in Toma Duhani's job application, Town Manager Christopher Clark has decided not to recommend him as the next Department of Public Works Director.

Citing the "number of inconsistencies [in Duhani's application information]," Clark said Thursday afternoon, "I decided not to put his name forward."

Duhani, in an interview before Clark announced his decision, said he believed he had already been hired, at a Tuesday, Sept. 21 Town Council of the Whole Meeting.

Prior to that meeting, the DPW subcommittee had recommended Duhani for confirmation. Town Council Chairman Steven Lazo, however, called the Sept. 21 meeting, which also recommended Duhani for hiring, to give councilors another chance to opine on the hiring.

Clark denied Duhani's contention Thursday, saying the Sept. 21 session was merely a recommendation, which had not yet been confirmed by the council, per the usual appointment process. Duhani said he believed the confirmation was merely a "formality."

"I thought that they approved the contract. That was my understanding," Duhani said. "I feel confident regarding what I provided. I don't have any concerns."

For more on this story, please see Monday's Southbridge Evening News.

inclusion image
inclusion image
  • Health 2019
  • Home 2019
  • Meet 2019
Thanks for visiting Stonebridge Press and Villager Newspapers

Guzik Motors