Just who's on the list?
New landfill appeal entangles BOH member
January 28, 2010
SOUTHBRIDGE — Ann Fenwick-Beinema isn't happy.
Before she was appointed to the Board of Health last summer, she was required to provide documentation that she had formally withdrawn from the court case against the board's 2008 site assignment decision. She gave the town a letter from the Ethics Commission and a "notice of dismissal" she thought had been filed with Worcester Superior Court covering herself and her husband, Larry, then got appointed unanimously and got to work.
Nobody thought about it again — until Sturbridge lawyer Kirstie Pecci filed a new appeal on the case this month, and her documents explicitly listed both Beinemas as petitioners. According to Superior Court Assistant Clerk Corinne Gorman, the withdrawal document, dated Aug. 25, was never filed in the case docket.
"Typically, they'd amend the complaint [to remove her], but I don't find it, no," she said.
What actually happened is still unclear. Beinema said Pecci told her the court needed a copy of the complete list of the 10-citizen group Beinema led, but Pecci said Casella's attorneys requested that list.
See Thursday's Southbridge Evening News for complete coverage of community news.